1. Scheme Name :
Modified Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (MIIUS)
2. Year of Launch :
MIIUS was notified in 2013 and the original scheme of IIUS was launched in 2003.
3. Brief write up in about 200 words
Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (IIUS) was launched in 2003 with the objective of enhancing industrial competitiveness of domestic industry by providing quality infrastructure through public private partnership in selected functional clusters/locations which have potential to become globally competitive. The Scheme was recast in February, 2009 on the basis of an independent evaluation to strengthen the implementation process. A modified version of IIUS viz. ‘Modified Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (MIIUS)’ was notified in July, 2013. Under MIIUS, projects have been undertaken to upgrade infrastructure in existing Industrial Parks/ Estates/ Areas. Greenfield projects have also been undertaken in backward areas and North Eastern Region (NER) under the scheme. Projects are being implemented by the State Implementing Agency (SIA) of the State Government. Central Grant upto 50% of the project cost with a ceiling of Rs.50.00 crore is provided under MIIUS with at least 25% contributions of State Implementing Agency and in case of North Eastern States, the central grant and minimum contribution of the SIA are up to 80% and 10% respectively. Final approval has been accorded to 23 projects with central grant amounting to Rs. 548.98 crore. Central assistance of Rs.314.73 crore (as on 30.06.2018) has been provided to 22 projects under MIIUS.
At present assistance is being given for completion of on-going projects only and no new projects are being accepted under this scheme.
4. Detailed Write-up containing:
- Scheme Objectives : The key objective of the Modified IIUS is to enhance competitiveness of industry by providing quality infrastructure to catalyse and promote industrial growth, employment generation and technology upgradation.
- Budget Availability/ Utilization since last 5 years : (Rs. in crore)
*Format for Budget Availability for Each Scheme / Programme
|Year ||Plan Allocation |
|Plan Expenditure ||Non-Plan Allocation ||Non-Plan Expenditure |
|2013-14 ||115 ||71.69 || || |
|2014-15 ||115 ||115 || || |
|2015-16 ||166/125 ||125 || || |
|2016-17 ||152/130.50 ||130.26 || || |
|2017-18 ||200/75 ||75.00 || || |
- Implementing Agency
State Implementation Agencies (SIAs) of State Government such as SIDCs (Small Industrial Development Corporation).
5. Scheme Guidelines (in Searchable PDG/ DOC ) as amended up to 31.12.2016:
The scheme guidelines is enclosed and can be downloaded from DIPP web-site at
Download The file ( bytes) 6. Circular/ Notifications/ Orders with file name indicating subject line in a self-explanatory manner :
Scheme was notified on 18.07.2013 with file No. 10/1/2012-DBA-I (Part)- Modified Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme.
- Guidelines of IIUS, 2003 (47.79 KB)
- Guidelines of Recast IIUS, 2009 (88.86 KB)
- Checklist (11.66 KB)
- Progress of IIUS and MIIUS projects as on 30-06-2018 (61.93 KB)
- Modified Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (3.7 MB)
- List of GoI nominees on the Board of Directors of the SPVs implementing IIUS projects (16.57 KB)
- List of Projects approved under MIIUS (20.65 KB)